To install FFmpeg on a Mac, follow these steps:
- Download the FFmpeg source code from the FFmpeg website (https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html).
- Extract the downloaded archive using a tool such as The Unarchiver or 7-Zip.
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the extracted directory using the
cdcommand. For example, if you extracted the FFmpeg source code to your Downloads folder, you can navigate to the folder using the following command:
4. Run the following command to configure FFmpeg with the necessary options:
- Run the following command to build and install FFmpeg:
make && make install
6. Once the installation is complete, you can verify that FFmpeg is installed by running the following command:
This should display the version of FFmpeg that you have installed.