You have now purchased a hosting plan and registered your domain. Now you are ready to start selling products. What’s next? It is still necessary to create an eCommerce website. If you choose to use WordPress, it will be easy and quick to create one.
WordPress can be used to create dynamic eCommerce websites that you can manage yourself.
Benefits of Using WordPress for Your eCommerce Website:
1. Visitors can subscribe to RSS feeds built-in.
2. It is easy to set up and modify.
3. Interactivity via comments is possible.
4. A large online support group is available.
5. There are many free themes.
6. E-commerce plugins allow you to sell products.
7. Search engines can be automatically pinged.
8. These pages can be indexed by search engines.
9. Trackbacks are possible for link building.
How to create an eCommerce website using WordPress?
1. How to Install WordPress
After logging into your hosting account’s cPanel, look under the “Software” heading. Under the “Software” heading, you will find a link to WordPress.
Click on the link to install WordPress files. You will receive a password that you can use to log in to your site’s admin panel. This will install the default theme on your site.
2. Choose a Theme Template
Search Google for “free WordPress themes”. You will find hundreds of them. After downloading the zip file, unzip it.
Upload the theme files into your site’s folder on the server (wp–content-themes). To activate the theme, log into your admin area. Click on appearance.
After selecting your theme, click “add new”. The new theme will be applied to your website.
3. Add The eCommerce Plugin
Search for the “WordPress eCommerce plugin” on Google to find the right eCommerce plug-in to use with your new eCommerce website. Install the files in your site’s plugins folder on the server (wp-content-plugins).
After activating the plugin, the eCommerce links will appear in your account and checkout, products, page sidebar, transaction results, and checkout.
4. Add your products
By visiting the general settings of your plugin and then adding your products, you can configure your product parameters.
No matter which plugin you have downloaded, you can add as many products as you wish. All of these products can be managed from the admin panel.
5. Search Engine Optimization
Install the All-in-1 SEO Pack to optimize your WordPress blog title and Meta tags. Change the permalink structure to create URLs or web pages that are search engine friendly. You can achieve this by going to settings>permalinks>custom structure.
Save the changes by entering /%postname%.html in the blank box
6. Promotion of your eCommerce Website
You won’t make much if you don’t generate traffic to your WordPress eCommerce website. These are some of the best ways to generate traffic:
- Article marketing
- Blog Directories
- Subscribe to the Newsletter
- Pay per Click Marketing
- RSS directories
- Social media marketing
- Video Marketing
7. Monitor your website
The site statistics included in your hosting plan will allow you to track how many visitors are visiting your site.
This will allow you to track visitors’ origins and pinpoint the keywords that brought them to your site via search engines. This is an easy way to monitor your website’s traffic.
Three Major Reasons to Use WordPress For eCommerce Websites:
These are the three main reasons WordPress is a great choice for your eCommerce website:
- WordPress is search engine-friendly: A well-optimized WordPress theme will be indexed by search engines efficiently and users will find it quickly.
- WordPress is completely free. WordPress is open-source software. WordPress is available as a 1-click installation by most well-known web hosting companies.
- WordPress is simple: Anyone who can use Microsoft Word can use WordPress. The WordPress visual interface makes it easy to manage an online store.
WordPress is a great platform for eCommerce websites. Now you can learn how to use it.